Jordan Thomson, DO
Jordan Thomson, DO, is a board-certified cataract and refractive surgeon. He is an award-winning ophthalmologist and has successfully performed thousands of refractive eye surgeries. He served in the armed forces on active duty and honorably completed his military service as a US Army Major.
Dr. Thomson grew up in Utah and graduated from Utah Valley University. He attended medical school at the Virginia College Osteopathic Medicine at Virginia Tech and was selected to train in ophthalmology at the world-renowned Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Washington, DC. His residency training also included Harvard University’s Lancaster Course in Ophthalmology.
After residency he was stationed at one of the world’s largest military bases at Fort Hood, TX. where he became Chief of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery. While leading one of the busiest LASIK centers in the military, he also performed comprehensive eye care on active duty soldiers and their families and was awarded the Army Achievement Medal and Army Commendation Medal. He also worked as an Assistant Professor of Surgery for the Texas A&M College of Medicine.
Dr. Thomson is passionate about positively impacting his patients’ lives by enhancing their vision. He enjoys utilizing the always-evolving, cutting-edge technology in ophthalmology. In his free time, Dr. Thomson loves spending time outdoors with his wife and 3 children. He also volunteers as a little league coach for both soccer and baseball.
Formal Education and Training
- B.S. – Utah Valley University (2006)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) – Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2010)
- Internship – National Capital Consortium/Walter Reed NMMC (2011)
- Lancaster Course in Ophthalmology – Harvard University/Colby College (2012)
- Ophthalmology Residency – Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (2014); awarded the Superior Unit Award
- Darnall Army Medical Center (Fort Hood, TX) – Chief of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery (2014-2018); awarded Army Achievement Medal and Army Commendation Medal
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Refractive Surgery Alliance
Deciding between treatment options is hard. It's really hard. That's why we have a team of counselors to help you weigh your options and choose which surgery or treatment is best for you. After you meet with one of our eye doctors, you'll sit down with one of our counselors, Andrew, Andrea, or Isabella, and they will walk you through your doctor's recommendations. Sometimes there are several options to choose between, and your counselor will show you what to expect from each and help you make a decision. Schedule a consultation with our counselors today!