- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Conditions Treated at Brimhall Eye in Las Vegas, NV
Here at Brimhall Eye in Las Vegas, we treat people with a wide variety of eye conditions. Our doctors can help with both minor issues and major problems that might impair your sight if left untreated.
Common Eye Conditions and Treatments
- Nearsightedness: Properly called myopia, this condition causes objects in the distance to be blurred. Laser surgery can be used to treat myopia.
- Farsightedness: Properly called hyperopia, this is the opposite of nearsightedness. It causes objects that are close up to be blurred. Laser surgery can also be used to treat this condition.
- Astigmatism: This condition causes items to be blurred at all distances. It can be treated with laser surgery in some cases.
- Pink eye: This term refers to conjunctivitis, which can have several forms. The viral form must simply run its course, like a cold. However, the bacterial version requires antibiotic treatment, so it is important to have your pink eye diagnosed.
- Dry eye: Dry eyes can be very uncomfortable, often resulting in the sensation of an object in your eye. There are multiple treatments for dry eyes, such as eye drops, specialized contacts, and even plugs to keep tears from draining out of your eyes.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a condition where the pressure inside the eye compresses the optic nerve and causes damage. It can be treated with medications, but the advanced versions sometimes require laser surgery.
- Macular degeneration: This condition is caused by thinning of the macula, causing damage to your central vision. Depending on the type of macular degeneration that you have, treatment may include surgery or careful monitoring.
- Cataracts: When the clear lens in your eye gets cloudy due to proteins clumping or taking an improper shape, cataracts result. There is no treatment for cataracts except surgery, which is extremely effective. Cataract surgery replaces the cloudy lens with an artificial one.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition causes damage to vision because of the growth of abnormal, leaking blood vessels in the eyes of diabetics. It is more common in people who have poorly controlled blood sugar levels, and it may require medication or laser treatments to control.
- Allergies: Many people who suffer from allergies have eye symptoms. Our doctors can help you find a treatment for your allergies that reduces or eliminates the unpleasant watering, burning, red eyes associated with an allergic reaction.
Contact Brimhall Eye For Treatment In Las Vegas, NV Today!
Here at Brimhall Eye, we offer treatment for both common conditions and less common ones. Our doctors can perform cataract surgery, laser glaucoma treatments, LASIK vision treatment, and much more. To make an appointment at one of our three Las Vegas locations, call us at (702) 263-2020.