- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
About Dr. Aaron G. Amacher
- Earned undergraduate degree in Human Biology at Brigham Young University
- Completed medical doctorate at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland
- Completed transitional internship and ophthalmology residency at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington, where he also acted as Chief Resident
- Served as part of the Ophthalmology Residency teaching staff of the world-renowned Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Appointed as an Associate Professor of Surgery at both the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences and Touro University
- Has expertise in no-stitch cataract surgery and laser assisted cataract surgery. He is proficient with the latest lens technologies, LASIK/PRK vision correction, and glaucoma laser and surgical implants
- One of the first group of surgeons in the U.S. to be trained in the Kamra corneal inlay, as well as participating in the placement of the Raindrop corneal inlay even before its FDA approval
Dr. Amacher continues to give back by having participated in Humanitarian efforts in Honduras, Malaysia, Bangladesh, and Belize. While serving in Iraq he was awarded the Army Commendation medal with “V” device for valor in wartime. Teaching has also been an important aspect of his career and enjoyed instructing future ophthalmologists in surgical and medical eye care in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Amacher’s priority is patient care and satisfaction. He has been awarded the “Patients’ Choice Award,” “Compassionate Doctor Recognition,” and “Top 10 Doctor” for the entire Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area. He has also been listed as one of the “Leading Physicians of the World.” Dr. Amacher also speaks Spanish fluently and is delighted to become a part of the Brimhall Eye Center team!